Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29th

It's Friday which means Panera time with the bestie, and if that wasn't reason enough to stay positive, today was thank you letter day.

Every year, the psychology classes have an assignment to write a thank you letter to one teacher.  I have the letters from previous years in my anti-Burger King file*, and this year I am able to add a few more.  All of them warm my heart, but one in particular set up shop.  She thanked me for helping her last year with the subject matter, then proceeded to thank me for helping her this year with her self-worth.  My life is truly blessed.

*Anti-BurgerKing file: When I was hired on, a friend of mine handed my a green hanging folder with "anti-BurgerKing" written on the tab.  I first I thought she was commenting on my physique, but then she explained.  There will be days, perhaps weeks, as a teacher where you feel that you done, you are not doing any good and you might as well be a manager at a Burger King for all the good you do here.  This is when you take out the folder, the folder that contains all the positive little things that remind you why you are a teacher. Things that remind you of the effect you have.  Things that make you want to continue to be better.

1 comment:

  1. Panera was excellent as always :) Can't wait to break in your new camera on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete